Friday, January 26, 2007

There's Always Room

It's been a little stressful here these past few weeks, even discounting my poor sick family. The next six weeks promise no relief. When stressed, I do wonderful things for the economy.

I live in the same neighborhood as the Oriental Institute. Inside the OI is The Suq. The Suq is where I I found the carpet bag.















The yarn you already know about. Seeing it with the bag gave me Ideas. Seeing the bag and the yarn in conjunction with this book (one of my additional, purchased-several-weeks-ago-and-haven't-told-anybody-about stress responses) just may have solved my "Okay, what do I do with this yarn?" problem.















There's a bag in it. We know I have kind of a thing about bags.















The pattern specs call for 6 skeins of Lamb's Pride worsted, double-stranded. The yardage and weight are a match. I'll need to experiment a bit, though. Do I try to get colors in sync, let the distribution fall where it may, or should I pick out a solid to strand with the Miss Priss? Or do I use the solid only as the contrast as the pattern indicates? Decisions, decisions.

I wonder how much help I'll give the economy by March 7?

No comments: