Monday, January 29, 2007

solitude. n., from Latin - solus, alone, +udo

No one's home but me.

Everybody's better.

Nobody needs me for anything.

I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and write Clare. I owe her for about 4 emails. But I wouldn't want it to seem that I've forsaken knitting for the joys of playing with Blogger templates.

Here is progress on the Perfect Sweater. February 13 begins to feel like a not absolutely impossible thing to think of, before breakfast or any other time.


Then there's my latest knitting puzzle. It was inspired by this, the Dragon Scales dishcloth from Knitter's Stash (the one on the far right).

This is what I started with. It's not what I want.


What I want is, the same gauge, same stitch count, but no holes and more "scales." I want Dragon Scales for boys. It's not working.


Nope, I have no idea how I'm going to pull this off, but once I do, I know what I want to knit it with:

Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool in Wilderness. Would this not make the perfect Dragon Scarf?

No comments: