Wednesday, December 06, 2006

'Tis the Season

Today is the Feast of St. Nicholas. I was a good knitter. At least, I was a reasonably well-behaved under sometimes extreme provocation knitter. It counts. I also remembered to leave my shoe out last night, a very important thing if you have any hopes of getting loot on December 6th.

Look what the good saint left for me.















Is this great or what? Well, okay. Except for the pink yarn part. I tell myself it could be worse. They could have decided to include either of those particularly virulent colors known as "Christmas Red" and "Christmas Green."















Are you seeing this? Tiny red circulars, itty bitty red stitch markers , a red darning needle, and an elf-sized doodad bag. The little booklet has basic techniques. St. Nicholas may have to leave another kit for Clare when he comes back on Christmas Eve.















All that and chocolate.















Bet you're sorry you didn't leave your shoe out.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

I knew there was something I forgot to do last night, after turning out Iona's light (she was asleep), locking the doors and giving the cats a little snack so I could sleep through the night. In addition to buying MYSELF a present !!!