Thursday, December 21, 2006

It'll Take A Miracle

I may have been a little rash.

First, you need a some background. My husband is from Ohio. He's the oldest. He has two sisters. Celia, the youngest, is an osteopath and lives here in the Northern Suburbs. Paula lives with their parents in Ohio.

Second, I need to tell you that, for the first time at least since Clare was born (she's 19) and possibly ever, the Ohio branch is coming to Illinois for Christmas.

Third, you need remember (or go back and read) what I did last Christmas.

And now, back to our story.

Ordinarily, we send a mini-Christmas tree and assorted goodies and trimmings, thus blackmailing them into, I mean, assuring they celebrate Christmas. Clearly, this year we need to adjust. The adjustment we came up with involves this.















And this.




















Fortunately, I have a secret weapon.














I can do amazing things. You rush a Miracle Man, you get rotten miracles. But never underestimate the power of a Determined Woman with a size N crochet hook.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

Oh, it's the multi-textured family afghans. Brilliant! Are they really going to be there by 12/25? Does Clare have a secret weapon too?

I have gone to the hospital gift shop and topped off some gift lists -