Friday, August 10, 2007

Those Whom the Gods Wish to Destroy

they first give fingering weight yarn.

Tomorrow is my beaded knitting class with Susanna Hansson. (Yes, Bohus Knitting Susanna. Finnish mittens Susanna. That Susanna.) I have homework. I knew this. This is not news. I've just been ducking. I must find the needle size that lets me produce 7 - 8 stitches per inch, and then bring that yarn and needle combination to class. Tightly as I knit, and with this scrawny so-called fragile, delicate yarn, I may be up all night.

All I can say is, you who knit with this weight yarn by choice are mad. Presumably by choice, but certifiably so.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I see the madness has spread - for surely you are knitting this by choice! :)

I have confidence in you!

Anonymous said...

Just wait - you will be hooked on it soon, too! Have fun at the class - it sounds great.