Friday, April 27, 2007

When The Going Gets Tough

I duck.
I begin to fear the Bubbly Curtain may be my qualifying entry to the Slog-along. I could add about 12 sq. ft. to the group total (see Ann's post today). I just feel so guilty using a Mason Dixon project for it.

Today, rather than show some character, rather than recover lost ground, I ran away from home, literally and figuratively. Literally took me off to Michael's. I have a huge project in my non-knitting life that's due within the next couple weeks. I allegedly needed supplies. When I got back, did I immediately go head down into it? No. I'm sorry to say, no. No, I didn't.

For my figurative escape, I tried this for a while. Nothing could hold me.

I rifled my Michael's bags. I remembered something had leapt into my cart as I strolled the aisles, and while it was fiber-y, it wasn't knitting. This is the new issue of Interweave Crochet paired with my long abandoned skein of Handmaiden/Fleece Artist Sea Silk.

I think I've finally found a a home for it. Good thing, too. I've fallen in love with a new colorway. I just couldn't justify the buying while I was avoiding this skein. A nice, long crochet scarf should just eat it up like popcorn.

Tough going? Maybe not.

No comments: