Friday, March 30, 2007

In Pursuit of Color

Having established that I need to bring my knitting into the technicolor century, I spent most of last evening trying to find a project. I thought I didn't want to knit a scarf, but I got an email from Clare telling me that I left my favorite - a beautiful hand-dyed red silk from our local artisan cooperative - in Urbana. It's chilled a bit here from our 70 degree days, so maybe I want to knit a scarf after all.

My first thought was to shop the stash and make a spring-like Scribble scarf. I surfaced with Euro-flax linen in a pale mossy green and Louisa Harding Kimono Ribbon in I don't know what colorway.

I'm just not entranced with it.

Cogitation seems to be in order. I think the wise move is to take the latest Netflix delivery and ponder something to make with this while I finish winding it. "This" is Handmaiden Sea Silk in the grossly misnamed "Autumn" colorway. Maybe something in a simple linen stitch?

I could be on to something, here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Sea Silk is gorgeous! I have GOT to get my hands on some of that someday.

So what's it going to be?