Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A Promise is a Promise, No Matter How Small

Shamelessly misquoted from Dr. Seuss's Horton Hears a Who, the Jim Carrey version of which John and I recently watched. John loved it. Must be a boy thing. I mean really. Jesse McCartney as Jojo?

I admit the promise was only to me, that, having wantonly neglected the blog for lo, these many weeks, I would post something every day this week. But my Internet has gone all wonky today. I suspect it's not happy to be back in single digit temperatures after those few days of "seasonable" weather. Besides it's all cold and drafty here where I type the blog (I may have anthropomorphised my Internet connection a bit, or was that projecting? or both?). All in all, the conditions are not conducive to cleverness, or even original thought.

Then. Then, Blogger ate my words. I've heard of feeding one's blog, but had always taken it as metaphor before. Still, a promise is a promise.

All of which means you'll have to settle for a little Yarn Pr0n. Behold, John's Blanket, a.k.a. Island Blanket Variation #2.

That's Noro Yoroi (the same as Marco's) in colorway 4 (John's stash still had the tags), and Manos del Uruguay in X (the topaz) and 13 (the dark Sherwood-y green). Cast on 120 stitches (although Marco's ended up with 119, which means either I lost one along the way or miscounted from the very beginning) on US 11/8 mm circulars. Knit for about two years.

I meant what I said and I said what I meant. A knitter is faithful one hundred per cent.

No comments: