Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not For the Faint-Hearted

Sweet Angels of Mercy, you people do this all the time? On purpose? Without duress?

There are 424 pages, pages, of sock patterns on Ravelry. 96 pages of sock yarn. Do you wonder why there are 8466 sock patterns? What the need for 1914 matches for sock yarn might be? Do you want to know why? Do you want to know just what the little secret is that Sock Knitters don't tell you?

Knitting socks is boring. Mind-numbingly boring. Put out your eyes with your dpn's boring. And I've just finished a garter stitch afghan. I know boring.

Diane says the challenge with socks is to knit another just like the first.

I don't know if I can bear it.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

8466 patterns is a lot of relief from stockinette stitch. I should search how many heels and then how many cast-on, cast-off, toes there could possibly be. The variations are without end - I was going to say infinitesimal but when I checked the spelling on OED online, I see that's exactly the opposite of what I want to say.