Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Not Crazy

Remind me. Knitting is fun. I want to learn cables. Making this blanket is a good thing. Visiting yarn stores and increasing my collection of knitting doodads is the reason for existence. Adding books to my knitting library is a worthwhile investment and a wise use of my available financial assets. Ravelry and the Internet are wonderful resources.

I do know all that. The problem right now is, I keep coming across these people who casually mention how they adjusted this cable or substituted that pattern as if it's easy and straightforward, which, from where I'm sitting, is like comparing the search for the Holy Grail to a neighborhood game of hide-and-seek. All together, it's enough to make me wonder about my overall mental stability.

Well, no, not really. I know such episodes do not call a knitter's sanity into question. Trying to get multiples of a 28 row repeat to replace multiples of a 44 row repeat could make you a little "Unwell," though.




(Why, yes, I do have a 13 year old in the house and, yes, of course the whole point of this entry was to get his current favorite video onto The Blog. Why do you ask?)

No comments: