Wednesday, November 07, 2007

By the Chimney With Care

I wasn't going to post today (more Parent-Teacher Conferences, this time for Marco), but as Kathleen's banner daily reminds me, Christmas is coming. This vague sense of impending holidays was intensified when I got an email from Diane this morning with tidings of great joy from Schoolhouse Press. Meg Swanson is doing a Christmas Stocking knit-a-long right here. The stocking is fabulous - a thing of beauty and a joy to behold - and you can still get caught up, since there's only 4 posts so far.

In my pre-knitting days I managed to acquire a fairly fabulous set of stockings. Add to that my long-neglected, single foray into stranded colorwork, and you won't be surprised to hear that I will not be participating.

Which makes this post truly a thing of goodness and altruism.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

I loved that little glovelet!