Friday, April 25, 2008

A Smug Sense of Accomplishment

I finished. I finished on time. In time, too. Signed, sealed, and delivered. Well, wrapped and sent to school with Marco this morning.

Guess what? All those people who go on and on about what blocking does for lace?

They're right, even for basic feather and fan. So basic that, while I briefly considered expanding this for an afghan, I don't know if I could bear it for that long.

Pattern: Misty Garden by Jo Sharp from Pam Allen's Scarf Style.
Yarn: One skein of Handmaiden Great Big Sea in colorway Popsicle. 50% Silk, 30% wool, 20% sea silk.
Needles: Us 8/5mm 24" Addi Turbos.
Final dimensions: 8 inches by 60 inches after blocking. Astonishingly close to the pattern. Significantly narrower and somewhat longer before, but I have no idea how significantly or somewhat since I didn't measure them before.

Now if I could just get myself to stop chanting,, "Knit on the right side, purl, pattern, knit on the wrong side, knit on the right side, purl, pattern, knit on the wrong side, knit on the right side . . ."

1 comment:

alpineflower said...

Hurrah! It's beautiful - I'm sure she'll love it. I realized today that my boss's wife is due to have a baby in three weeks and I have nothing knitted. I will be joining you in the deadline knitting game.