Thursday, May 07, 2009

Knitting a la Lewis Carroll

I'm not backsliding. Really. I'm knitting, rather frantically in point of fact. I have had cause, in the course of my knitting career, to bemoan my acquaintance with the Red Queen, she who informs Alice that it takes all the running you can do to stay in the same place and that "if you want to get somewhere else you must run at least twice as fast as that."

Twelve rows and then I can knit the border of the Field of Green afghan. I've cast-on for the second yellow sock (devoutly hoping I stumbled across the same YouYube video for the twisted German cast-on I used last time). They're due at A4A by May 15. I want them out of here Monday. I can do this if I apply the Red Queen's logic. Then and only then I can knit anything else at all.

See you when I'm back on this side of the looking glass.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You can do this! And now I'm going to check out that twisted German cast on video. Thanks for the tip.