Friday, May 08, 2009

Distractions

Oh, no fair. Look what UPS up and left outside my door on no provocation whatsoever. Okay, maybe I saw them in the Spring/Summer Knit Simple. And maybe I found my way over to Bagsmith. And I suppose I may have gotten a bit carried away and I might have added a few things to my shopping cart. But that's all. Other than that it was a complete blindside. I had nothing to do with it.

Meet Etienne, Sabine, Rose and Luc.

These are designed like the old-fashioned climbing toys, pull the strings alternately and the little person moves up, let the strings go and s/he slides to the bottom. I had one with two little wooden climbers that came with me to college and was the focus of a surprising amount of attention - no one could come into my room and resist them. I think they finally succumbed to my children.

I admit, I have other plans for these guys. Remember the ornaments I got for Christmas? The ones nattily decked out in knitwear? Wouldn't these be cool companions (eventually)? With a crown instead of a cap I could have Cinderella or Prince Charming. Add a couple of broken toothpicks and seed beads and I could make a knitter. (Note all those hypotheticals. I do love living in the hypothetical moment; so fraught with possibility.)

All I can say is, good thing I finished the blanket. That, and the yellow sock is lucky I don't have any US 1/2.25 mm needles in the house.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

Very cute. And they don't require size 1 needles?