Monday, January 07, 2008

Camera

It was very sad. Marc took the offspring to Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo. Marco took my camera along. It got dropped. Again. This time was once too many. The little door that holds the battery broke. The camera is functioning only by the grace of God and the strength of the spring.

I fully intended to ask your advice. If I didn't get a Sony (I loved my Carl Zeiss lens. Not that I know anything about lenses, but even I've heard of Car Zeiss), I fully intended to get a Canon. (Everybody in cyberspace seems to have a Canon. It's the camera that bloggers swear by.) I didn't do any of those things. I went out and bought a Fuji.

Ive been playing. It has this rapid-fire double-shot thing where it takes a non-flash picture followed automatically by a flash. A feature which clearly works better when your subject isn't mobile.

Mind you, I'm not quite sure of the point, but it's kind of fun. Playtime is over, though. I have an afghan to mail on Thursday.

I'm on the tenth repeat, halfway through the second to the last skein of yarn. I promise, I'll take pictures.


1 comment:

Diane H said...

I have to see it in person! I'll trade you a maxim cabinet for a tour.