Monday, December 10, 2007

In Abeyance

I'm trying to think how to distract you from my indecisiveness.

Perhaps if I start with the progress? I meant to shut down my brain, deny the evidence of my eyes and get you all to point me down the easy path. I had intended to ask you for your opinion. I wanted you to tell me there was absolutely no difference between these two swatches.

This despite the advice the manufacturer gives and the undeniable difference between the skeins. I wanted you to tell me I didn't need to alternate skeins by row. Sadly, my brain kept sneaking out from where I'd locked it away. I hate when that happens. I'll be knitting this by the Island Embrace method, 3 skeins at a time, changing skeins at the end of every row.

Further, there is even actual (as in not a swatch) knitting. One might think that indicated progress, mightn't one? One would be in error. It is in imminent danger of reversal. My old nemesis, negative progress, looms. I'm thinking of different contrast colors. I am, in a word, dithering.

Mind you, this is close. Very close. It's just, I've been kind of - concerned - by the green-ness of it all. I keep looking at it and thinking, "Hmm. Green. " Now, I freely admit, one of the things I like about the contrast yarn is that, though pale -- indeed one might call it pastel, or perhaps fluffy even -- it is indisputably green. Not a hint of that so-called "mint" color that tries to sneak in some blue while your back is turned and leave you with a baby blanket. Still, I do have issues with green. I'm starting to feel like I'm knitting seaweed instead of an English garden in the morning mist.

Eh, maybe I'll go try to reverse engineer one of these edgings from Nicki Epstein's Knitting Beyond the Edge for my Huckleberry Scarf.

Pull it out of abeyancy, as it were, while the other goes in. (Abeyancy. That's right outside Hesitate, make a left at Shilly-Shally)

1 comment:

Diane H said...

I can see an English garden in the mist -