Thursday, July 05, 2007

Reviewing the Situation, Again

We have paraded. We have picnicked. We have observed Youth play Monkey-In-The-Middle with Hacky Sacks and terrorize one another with giant bubble wands. Three of us have knit in public. Truly, a lovely 4th on 53rd. Back to the real world.

In reviewing the layout and diagrams for THE PROJECT (yes, it is beginning to assume capital letters in my mind), I find depressingly few complete blocks. Admittedly, this is better than some of the other trials. One in particular I remember only had one. This --the so-called final, final version -- has six, enough to get started.

This leaves me with only one, last, decision.

Mattress seam, three needle bind-off, or crochet?

I am so glad I didn't assemble as I went along.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow it is really coming along nicely, you are going to be so happy when it is finished, a real heirloom.

Diane H said...

I was just reading in Knitter's Stash (as I sat at the Point) that when doing a 3-needle bind off, purl the bind off for a flatter seam. Should you pick that bind-off. You should assemble at the Point. Then you would be completely Hyde Park normal.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

No advice on the bind off, but glad to see it's coming along!

Kyle William said...

when you figure it out, let me know (I'm in the same boat!)

Kyle

www.kyleknits.blogspot.com