Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's a Gift

I decided that before we leave for the east coast, I need to have all things mitered ready for however I end up assembling. With that in mind, I blocked out 6 more squares last night.

I realize I was pushing toward the end there. I was getting a little distracted. I have to admit to doing the whole decreasing on the right side and the wrong side a lot. I thought I had caught myself every time, though.

I noticed as I was pinning this set out that one of the blocks took more stretching than the others. I wrote it off to gauge issues and tightening my hands as the finish line came in sight.

I took a closer look today. Oops.

Unlike the mistake I'm going to incorporate, I don't think I can live with this one.

I'll just knit this last, little, miter. Except this time I'll do it right. Really.

2 comments:

Diane H said...

Good idea - that one would just never line up, even lying elegantly across your bed.

Shelly said...

When I started quilting, I liked the idea that no person was perfect, and that any mistakes made could be left in the quilt to remind us of our imperfection......