Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Can See the Future

And finishing the Doctor's Bag isn't in it. At least, not today. This, despite the fact that all the prep work is done.

The base is cut.















The wooden dowel for the upper edges of the purse is divided (although I may yet decide to use the Ghee's hex-open frame.) It's times like these that I really love my Sharksaw pull saw and my sanding block.















The lining was already finished. Being a mediocre-at-best sewer, I need to pause here to give credit to Husqvarna-Viking.















I still don't like the math, but I think it all works.

Plus, I have some bribery. I saw this when I went to Knitche with my sister and didn't buy it. It's not really my style, and I haven't a clue what to do with it. That didn't stop me from going back for it a few days later. It's Kid Slique by Prism Yarns in Tumbleweed.















I'm falling into a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. It's certainly a more complicated yarn than I've tried to knit with before. So it would seem to call for garter or stockinette on big needles.

On the other hand, maybe this is the yarn that will seduce me into finishing a feather and fan scarf? The color would be great with my winter jacket.















With all this before me, and not forgetting I'm getting sick of obsessing over it, I would like to predict that the Doctor's Bag will be done today. Finally.

Except that boys have a half day and I promised Clare I'd go over her English Paper with her.

No comments: