Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Unwinding

Throwing in the towel on the Special Olympics Scarf has changed my perspective. Now I'm a lady of knitting leisure, I' don't quite know what to do with myself. With no deadlines to knit for, and everybody back to their pre-Christmas routines, my knitting has acquired a certain lack of urgency. I've seem to have developed a rather dilettante attitude. I flip through a knitting book here. Dip into a stash bin there. Debate the merits of something quick. Consider the value of casting on for something big. Wonder if I'll get as big a rush if I finish that UFO.

Don't misunderstand; I'm not bored by any means. I still have that list of knitting requests, to which has been added another sweater. I just don't have that put your head down, don the blinders and knit to the exclusion of all else that I've been dealing with these past weeks. The lack of tunnel vision is refreshing and the view, now that I'm looking around a bit, spectacular. Of course, life hasn't actually stopped. It certainly has slowed enough for me to breathe, though. Such a luxury.

Yesterday was Twelfth Night. Epiphany. The Feast of the Three Kings. I know because these three guys in funny clothes came bearing gifts. I think they may be trying to help me decide.

It turns out they promised Clare I'd make her a scarf.

1 comment:

Diane H said...

There you go - a deadline. You know scarf weather won't last forever. Just until May. Get knitting!