Monday, September 22, 2008

I Think They've Got the Wrong S(p)in Here

My 7 Deadly S(p)ins shipment came last week. The sin is Pride. The yarn, Unique Sheep Luxe (tussah silk and merino wool lace-weight) in Pride 1, Pride 2, Pride 3 and Pride 4. The designer is Merike Saarniit.

The goodies this month are stitch markers in the Estonian national colors (reflecting the designer's pride in her heritage), a clear project bag (to allow you to show pride in your work) and what looks like a mutated porcupine is actually a clever little mirror/hairbrush device (to reflect pride in oneself). The project, Syncopated Lace ( a work in which one will surely feel over-weening pride once it's been accomplished), is a lace shawl in a graduated color scheme (from warm roses to cool ones). The pattern is written and charted, so you can take your pick, or combine them, if you (like me) are a little nervous about a lace project.

I don't know, I think maybe I'm dealing with lust here. In fact, I, taking shameless advantage of my club membership status, am working on acquiring more of Pride 2. You, on the other hand, may have just cause for more Envy.

No comments: