Monday, June 16, 2008

Off the Deep End

I don't own either of the books Jess recommended. My local bookstore didn't have them in stock. So.

I guess now I have to try to knit from this.

I'm a little nervous. Make that absolutely wild-eyed. Very nearly spitless. I have no idea if I've been consistent in my notation. I'm clueless about that elongated bit (the part where the notation descends into question marks). I take some reassurance from the fact that Barbara Walker has a symbol for taking a two stitch cable across 3 stitches, but I wonder if it will actually work. I'm not even sure I will remember what I was trying to do when I get there, wherever "there" ends up being. Vertigo at apogee.

Clare suggests a nice, sturdy wool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you check the library for the books?

But you can do it - your chart looks good. Go Julie!