Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In the Green, In the Green

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

In case you've been wondering, I really am still working on the green blanket for afghans for Afghan. I'd say I'm about half-way, feeling deeply grateful that the current campaign will still be shipping in April and May. Chunky yarn. I really need to get into the habit of doing my charity knitting in chunky yarn.

The other thing I'm really pleased with? Observe.

Front.
Back.
I hate that the "wrong" side of knitting so often looks like, well, the wrong side of knitting. Especially when there's no place to hide the wrong side, like an inside. Not a problem with this blanket. It looks good on either side.

And yes, I have deliberately held off posting about blanket progress until today. Erin go bragh.

2 comments:

Diane H said...

Very interesting - the purl side is the right side. The yarn is transformed!

Cathy said...

I like this! I think I remember that you're not a fan of green, but this is turning out very nice indeed.