Sunday, July 14, 2019

Shawl Crazy

 I wrote this on the 10th and forgot to publish. Yeesh.  Clearly need to get back in the blogging mindset. Anyway.

Such an annoying ear-worm lately.  "Drum Crazy" from Irving Berlin's Easter Parade.  Don't get me wrong.  I think Fred Astaire is amazing and getting the bunny away from that Little Lord Fauntleroy wannabe was brilliant, but really.  For days?  And days?  Mae West was wrong.  Too much of a good think is just annoying.

I blame it on the title of this post.  I'm hoping that once I write this up, I'll at least get a new ear-worm.

Most of my yarn adventures this past year plus have gone undocumented.  Partly because I've been crocheting huge afghans for the parish Christmas Market raffle and let's face it, there's only so much one can say after the 8th repeat or twelfth square.

Lately though, like from the beginning of summer, I've been feeling this compulsion to knit selfishly.  As in, knit for me.

To that end, I find I have no fewer than 5 shawls in various stages.

Behold.


Each one has a story behind it (of course).


Some are recent projects and some have surfaced from the depths.


Some are still mere concepts. 


One, though.  One has really got me going. We're talking knit like the wind.


More to come.  Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tease -