Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Goals

I have mine set for today.

First, I should probably tell you that I have some Super-Secret-Present Knitting that I need to finish.  I know. This is the first you've heard of it.  It involves charts.

It's close.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

Second, I need to finish the Monteagle bag.  DianeH,  in the comments, assures me that it grows.  I still feel the need to add to it; my veil stitches are pretty much already stretched out.  I'm pretty sure this will involve the addition of a section of right-and left-crosses.  The alternative is to invent some open stitches of my own and we all know how possible that is.

The only impediment to these goals?  I have a massive head-cold.  Knitting convoluted stitches and from charts may be fraught with more perils than I am in a position to cope with.  Kind of like that sentence, which looks wrong to me, but I can't figure out where.  I suspect it has something to do with the preposition at the end.

In No Fond Return of Love, Barbara Pym observes that "Life's problems are often eased by hot milky drinks." It could be that a more attainable goal would involve cups of tea and old Castle episodes.

No comments: